Re: SQL *NET connect string

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 21:00:24 GMT

piper_at_utmc.utc.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I was wondering if you could pass the username and password in the oracle7
>odbc driver setup. in sql *net connect string i was wondering if there was a
>was i could pass in the database information and the username and password.
>it is an inconveiniece opening the database and having to put in the username
>and password. does anyone know how to do this. i want to do this so that
>when i automate my database it will send of reports without asking me for a
>username and password.
>
>chuck

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

You can specify a default username, but not a password...As far as I know...You may be able to pass the OP$ type thru ODBC, but you would probably need to put in / as your password anyway...If you can use Oracle Objects for OLE instead of ODBC, then you can code both uname and password... Received on Tue Jun 02 1998 - 23:00:24 CEST

Original text of this message