Re: Forms 3 rearing it's ugly head......

From: Nordine Vandezande <nordine.vandezande_at_virgajesse.be>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 12:55:17 +0200

TurkBear wrote:

> I believe one of the problems is that there is no way to force a
> 4-digit year format - users can enter 2 digit years and, depending on
> your database setup, this mu-ight be misinterpreted....

You can force to use a 4-digit year format. But there is a problem when you use two digit years because of the absence of the 'rr'-mask.Other (known) problems concerning Y2K and Oracle Forms3:

  • implicit conversion of dates (when you assign it to a global var.)
  • explicit conversion of dates (check out the used masks)
  • use of the NAME_IN and COPY built-ins
  • ... ??

Contact Oracle Support for a complete list of known Y2K-problems.