Re: Opening a serial device

From: Vikram Dayanidhi <vikran_at_Bayou.UH.EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 18:23:14 -0500

Hi,
We had the same problem of trying to read a serial port. You can try to use the OS API's to read the COM port. You can access the API's using the foreign function interface. We wrote our own C program to read the COM through the API's because FFI is not very flexible about passing pointers and structures back and forth.We interfaced the C program to Forms using FFI interface.
Documentation for this is available in the Advanced Forms Techniques manual.

Hope this helps....
Vikram