LOOOONG delay for connect

From: <meyer_b_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/05/31

[Quoted] I've recently set up a test system consistin of NTServer 3.0 (SP3), and Oracle [Quoted] WG Server 7.3.3 on a Pentium 166, with 1 client running Win95 and the Oracle [Quoted] Client software, also on a Pentium 166.

They're connect by 10Mb/s Ethernet, talking TCP/IP, SQL Net and ODBC (for access from VB5). This is a completely stand alone network, not connect to the internet or the company LAN.

When I try to connect to the server, whether from SQL+ or VB, it takes almost [Quoted] 2 minutes to get connected. After that, everything seems to work at normal speed. Also, if I reconnect repeated over the course of the day, the delay seems to gradually get much smaller.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this delay? Or any suggestions as to how I can troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks very much,

Bob M.