Re: a small forms problem

From: Rohrbacher, Ing. Boris <rohbo_at_sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 21:03:49 +0200

Hi Martin,

> I have a small problem

> to resolve (if it can be resolved). I'm using an execute_query
> command in a key-commit trigger that I've redefined. Thanks to
> Phillippe's assistance, I initialize 3 important fields on the
> screen prior to the execute_query command and the resulting
> screen comes up nicely ... except .... Following the re-query on
> the screen I get an informational message from Oracle that forces
> me (the operator) to hit the return key before the screen is
> actually updated. It's the standard message that comes up after
> a manually executed select/find key sequence. I'd really rather
> skip this extra keystroke. I don't want the operator to have to
> hit the return key at this point. Is there a way to turn off the
> prompt?

I think this problem come from two sequentially written messages. You can easily come in a situation like you discribed when you do the following

 ... anywhere in a FORMS PL/SQL block ...

 message('This is the first message and it is displayed in status line of forms');
 message('This is the second message and because the first message is not yet cleared and doesn't have NO_ACKNOLEDGE it FORMS will come up as in an extra window for not to loose the first message. ');

So as I guess, you write a message after execution of re-query, that causes Oracles default message to come up in a window. Simple solution :
use clear_message ; procedure before writing your own. Or don't write your own Or set message_level to 20 or higher which keeps Form from writing message ( because any message belongs to a level 0 -5 simple .... see documentation .. )

Hope it helps.

Regards
 Robo.

--------------2846E1DA50D307A6D578CF45

begin:          vcard
fn:             Boris Rohrbacher
n:              Rohrbacher;Boris
org:            Zentraler Informatikdienst der Technischen Universität Graz
adr:            Steyrergasse 30 ;;oder Griesplatz 36/1;GRAZ;Styria;A-8027;Austria
email;internet: rohbo_at_sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
title:          freier Mitarbeiter
tel;work:       +43-316-873-6399
tel;fax:        +43-316-873-7766
tel;home:       +43-316-971221