Designer/2000 - Reverse Engineering

From: Ilya S. Itkin <iitkin_at_houston.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:55:33 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying to reverse engineer a database:

RON -> Utilities -> Reverse Engineer Database

Under the Options tab I fill out all the fields but the OK button is grayed out.

If I select the Objects tab, it says: ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve service name

At the same time if I go to RON -> Tools -> SQL*Plus, I can connect successfully to that very remote database I am trying to reverse engineer.

Also I do not really understand the meaning of the "Object Owner" field on the Reverse Engineer Database Objects/Options screen. I tried both (1) the designer user (which is its default when it comes up) and (2) the same one as in "Remote Username". Both tries don't make the OK button available - still grayed out...

I'd appreciate some advise. Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 20:55:33 CEST

Original text of this message