Re: Forms4.5: How can I show the record position in the block?

From: <hts_no_spam__at_core.no>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 16:26:37 +0200

In article <356BF5DE.F246DB53_at_dd.ru>, vsorokin_at_dd.ru says...
> But there is a QUERY_HITS block property, which we can use after
> wery fast Count_Query operation...
> Execute_query(ALL_RECORDS) is more slowly I think

Yes, I wasn't really writing this very clearly. What I meant is that Forms doesn't get all records by default and it doesn't do a count_query either.
Oracles reasoning is probably that it would be to costly. Execute_query(ALL_RECORDS) is obviously more costly than count_query, but will get you the correct numbers on the status line and gets rid of the stupid scrollbar bug.

Haakon Received on Wed May 27 1998 - 16:26:37 CEST

Original text of this message