Forms5 against multiple DBs

From: Jamie Keir <jkerr_at_jameswatt.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:50:37 +0100

Hi.

I have a form which uses DBMS_SQL package. In previous releases (ie 4.5) I could compile this form agains a 7.1.6 DB and run it there *and* against a 7.1.4 DB. I didn't try it the other way round.

Under Forms5, it seems it needs to be compiled for each DB revision, otherwise Forms complains of ORA-04062 : timestamp of DBMS_SQL has been changed.

This, as you may guess, is a *major* pain in the arse; and so, on to the question:

Does Forms5 insist on all forms being recompiled for a new DB version, or is it just being picky about DBMS_SQL?

Jamie Keir

--

| Oracle 7 DBA | Digital Unix | Jamie Keir |
| Developer*2000 | Windows NT 4 | jkerr_at_jameswatt.ac.uk |
| PL*SQL | AmigaOS 3 | |
| | C / C++ | Now if I could just get |
| Alpha AXP | M68040 Asm | them to *pay* me for it... |