Returning a full cursor record from procedure

From: <meyer_b_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: 1998/05/26

[Quoted] [Quoted] How can I (or can I?) return a complete set of cursor records from a catalogued procedure?

Take the following simple proc:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE PROC_DEMO_SELECT        (p_case_id IN OUT NUMBER )
IS

   CURSOR cur_demo IS

      SELECT    CASE_ID, CASE_ENTRY_DATE
      FROM      CASES;
     v_case_record  cur_demo%rowtype;

BEGIN
   OPEN CUR_DEMO;
LOOP
   FETCH cur_demo INTO v_case_record;
   EXIT WHEN CUR_DEMO%NOTFOUND;
   p_case_id := v_case_record.CASE_ID;
END LOOP;
   CLOSE CUR_DEMO;
END;
/

This compiles fine. What I want to do though, is return the entire record [Quoted] v_case_record, but I can't figure out any way to put a parameter called p_case_record, defined as a RECORD, in the CREATE procedure statement. Is [Quoted] there anyway to do this?

If it makes a difference, I want to pass the output of this procedure to Visual Basic 5.0 as a record set.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Bob