Calling functions with returntype: RECORD??

From: Gert van der Laan <G.van.der.Laan_at_fwn.rug.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 11:33:45 +0200

I'm building an application in Developer/2000 (Forms 4.5 against an Oracle
7 database) and have problems when calling a function in a package which
returns a record. The trigger in which I call the function gives a message:
component <function-name> must be declared.

Is it impossible to use records as parameters or return values of functions in Forms4.5???

The package specification looks like:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE beheer AS

  FUNCTION GetPractData( nPractID IN NUMBER) RETURN anp_practicum%ROWTYPE;

END beheer;

While the packagebody looks like:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY beheer AS

  FUNCTION GetPractData(  nPractID IN NUMBER) RETURN anp_practicum%ROWTYPE
  IS
    recPract anp_practicum%ROWTYPE;
  BEGIN
    ..