Re: Best Oracle ODBC Driver?

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 23:51:35 -0700

I have had excellent results with the latest version of the Oracle ODBC. Oracle first
releases of the ODBC, especially the 32bit version were terrible. In fact, Oracle

recommended using an external source. Obviously things have changed.

Personally, the major advantage is that the product is being directly supported by
Oracle, and it is in the best interest of Oracle to get it to work well. A second

advantage is that this product is free (with the Oracle product).

The other thing to consider is if it is working why change? If your version is working,
use it. Why go through the headaches, etc with getting everything tuned and retested?

Mike Krolewski.