Re: dev2k & menus

From: Darren Capper <xzo92_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 08:00:36 +0100

Mindaugas Vieraitis wrote in message <35674689.C52816F8_at_nm3.ktu.lt>... <snip 1>
>I have this problem:
>
>I attached menu to form
>Everything was fine until I run the form. I got the following messages:
>
>FRM-10221 Cannot read file avia..
>FRM-41810 Error creating menu.

I had this problem on my Windows95 client application. My solution was to create a directory called Menu and place all the generated menu's in there. To enable this to work I had to modify the FORMS45_PATH (I think this was this key?) in the Windows95 registry. If you don't want to move the menu then just set the key to whatever directory you want (assuming that you are also on Windows95).

<snip 2>
>The interesting fact is that when I generated demos I had no problems. I
>even did this: I copied demos menu's (.mmb) to my working directory and
>entered the names of these menus in my own form's Menu Module property.
>Everything was fine.

It's possible that you were still using the original version of the menu. A test is to remove the original file and just have the version you copied. Then see if it still works :) If this is the case then it's definately a problem with your paths.

Hope this advice has proved useful, if not then 1,000 apologies for cluttering up the group.

Darren Received on Sun May 24 1998 - 09:00:36 CEST

Original text of this message