Apps in OWS via Netscape and Sun plugin

From: Kirt Thomas <kirtt_at_sky.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 00:06:06 -0500

[Quoted] I'm trying to set up users with Netscape 4.05 using the Sun Java plugin - I've got the applet tag embedded but I've run into two problems.

1 - the apps are no longer certified (using the applet viewer I could run the appscert.bat program to invoke javakey, and certify the applet) Now I get the ugly yellow bar at the bottom saying 'Applet Window' or something like that. Has anyone gotten past this?

[Quoted] 2 - the apps are requiring admin level access to run - (I'm using an NT4 server) - when Netscape spawns the plugin, I'm required to login to the NT before the java runs, and as not just any user, but as the administrator, less than optimal ;)

I'd sure appreciate hearing if others have had these experiences and what they did to cope <G> Thanks...

NoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonder

   o        "1`2`1 Technical Support 4 Free via
   n          24 hour Email and Message boards
   d             http://www.nowonder.com
   e   kirtt_at_nowonder.com       evangelist_at_nowonder.com
   r               kirtt_at_macsrule.com