Re: Forms4.5: How can I show the record position in the block?

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 23:37:37 GMT

[Quoted] In article <35629751.C9F03DFB_at_dd.ru>,   "Valery A. Sorokin" <vsorokin_at_dd.ru> wrote:
> Eric Lyders-Gustafson wrote:
> > > How can I show the record position in the Forms block like this:
> > > '3/134'?
> > > The problem is :
> > > I want to show on the screen the number of records in the current block
> > > with current 'WHERE' property. After all query or navigation operations.
> > > 'COUNT_QUERY' is the restricted built-in, so I can't use it anywhere.
> >
> > It takes a little coding but is not too difficult.
> > I've done it before by using the built-in package 'DBMS_SQL'.
<snip>

> Now we already use our function V$_Count_Recs in KEY-EXEQRY trigger.
> But DBMS_SQL take too much time...
> (The function is stored in the database, in the package).
>
> May be is there a method to get internal Forms variable ?

[Quoted] You CAN use COUNT_QUERY! Just use it in the Key-Exeqry or When-Button-Pressed trigger that you normally use to do the Execute_Query. Just call the Count_Query, trap the FRM-40355 message in the On-Message trigger, and store the results wherever you need. Then follow the Count_Query with the "do the right thing" command, Execute_Query.

I have done this, so I know it works. You do not need to use dbms_sql.

HTH,
Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088