Increasing database size in Oracle 8.0

From: Xavier Gabalda <xgabalda_at_vincle.es>
Date: 1998/05/22

Hi.

I have installed an Oracle 8.0 under Novell 4.1. I have installed the starter database and I can connect to it from a client with Windows 95. Then, I have created my tables for my aplication: I have used the default Instance in the server 'ORCL', and its INITORCL.ORA to start it. I have used client tools to create them. 'Storage manager' for a new 'Tablespace' and 'Datafile', and 'Security Manager' to create a 'user' and his 'System privileges'.
Then I have used 'SQL worksheet' to create my tables and I can fill them. My 'Datafile' is small ( 10 Mb ), but now I want to increase it. I need 2 Gb for my database and my questions are:

Can I simply adjust the 'Datafile' size with 'Storage Manager' or may I adjust also another parameters ?

I also want to know if the INITORCL.ORA parameters and default oracle Starter Database are valid for a large 'Datafile' like I need ( 2 Gb ).

Is better to create another Database and refuse the default Starter Database with my 'Datafile' that I have create ?

Thank you a lot. Received on Fri May 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message