Web Forms vs Forms 4.5 client/server

From: Luis Santos <l-miguel-santos_at_telecom.pt>
Date: 22 May 1998 15:07:12 GMT

  We have a application in client/server architecture using a client NT and a Unix Server. We are study the possibility of transfering the application to web forms using a Unix web server.
  But we have some problems:
- The application gererates RTF's is Pro*C and we use the word to view
those files and work with them. But with web forms we can't write in the file system of the PC and we can't use word.
  • The aplication have some processes that generates log files in ascii format. how can we see them ? In client/server we user notepad.
  • I see the packadge UTL_HTP. Is possible to generate html pages and send them to the browser from Forms ?

Anyone have this kind of problems ?
thanks.

Luis Santos
email: l-miguel-santos_at_telecom.pt Received on Fri May 22 1998 - 17:07:12 CEST

Original text of this message