Shared library linking in AIX

From: <jfoulkes_at_interamerica.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 21:51:36 GMT

We are developing a CGI program that connects to Oracle with OCI in AIX. The same program on NT is about 200K but on AIX it's about 2.6Mb! It's probably because of not linking with shared libraries. I use the example oracle.mk with the environment variable ORA_CLIENT_LIB = "shared", but when it tries to link it says that the oci functions (.olog,.ocom, etc..) are undefined.

Another problem we are having is a "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel" when we do a insert on a long raw. Things work fine with both the client and server on NT. But when oexec is called after a column binded with obindps, with the client on NT and the server on AIX I get: "ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure". When both the server and the client are on AIX I get a ORA-03113.