Developer 2000 and ColdFusion and Others

From: <bsundaram_at_onsi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:50:53 GMT

Hi,
  As I am come from a Client/Server world and still have not come to terms with the Web World, I have a series of questions. But the basic ones which haunt me time and again are regarding a comparison of web development tools. I have an Oracle 7.x background with experience in the related character mode tools of yesteryears and some experience with the Developer 2000 package.

 I know the current Developer 2000 Server suite has the Forms and Reports components which have all the hooks to deploy applications on the Web. How does ColdFusion compare with Developer 2000 suite? Are there any other development tools which fare better?

  I probably am looking at the following heads under which information is required:

  1. Development tools available
  2. Ease of learning the development tool
  3. Ease of development
  4. Quick deployment of application
  5. Developing complex reports executable by the client over the web
  6. Pushing data to machines connected to the web in a batch mode (secure data transmission and scheduling such jobs is a plus)

  Could any body help?

Thanks,
  Bala.