How to print diacritical symbols from a report?

From: Roberto Rogo <rrogo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:13:44 +0200

I am attempting to print, from a report created with Developer/2000 for Windows, some characters having ASCII value greather than 127 (some like è, ü or ß).

The report must be printed on a dot matrix printer, with the system parameter: MODE=character.

If I preview of the report (i.e.: I print it on the screen) the characters
are 'printed' (i.e.: displayed) right.
Unfortunately, when I print the report on the printer, depending on the printer I use, I get different printed symbols. I suspect this is due to the characters set used by DOS and by Windows, but I can't figure how to overcome this problem.

Can anyone shed some light on this weird behaviour?

I can't access Internet regularly; an e-mail response would be better. Please reply to: rrogo_at_hotmail.com.

Thanks,
roberto Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 15:13:44 CEST

Original text of this message