conversion Reportwriter 1.1 to Reports 2.5

From: <maurice_sogelee.rxv_at_eur.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 07:03:09 GMT

We are going to convert Reportwriter 1.1 files to Reports 2.5 because Oracle will drop the support on the older development tools. We will convert the .REX files to .RDF files. We want to run the .RDF files in UNIX.

The problem I have experienced using Oracle's R25mov32 (Reports convertor) is that the page setting are a total mess, for example the page size is converted to 121 cm * 30 cm. Or fonts are totally messed up.

Does anyone has the same experiences with this kind of conversion and have helpfull tips for us ?