Installing Dev2K on UNIX

From: Fred Miller <millerf_at_merck.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:50:37 -0400

Hello All,

[Quoted] We have installed 1.4w of Developer/2000 on HP9000.

Per Oracle, we have done a "client install" wherein you provide the installer with a different location for ORACLE_HOME than that for the rdbms product.

ORACLE_HOME=/.../oracle/product/1.4w

rather than

ORACLE_HOME=/.../oracle/product/7.3.4

This is causing problems in production because the executables are in two different homes. Has anyone had any experience with this situation?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

-Fred Miller
 Merck & Co., Inc.
 millerf_at_merck.com

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.