sql loader & temporary files

From: Rob Conrad <rob_at_happy.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:36:38 -0400

I have a text file that I use sqlloader to load data into a temporary table so I can then update a permanent table. I use a trigger to insert rows into the permanent table but how do I combine an update and insert in case of duplicate data in the permanent table?

I'm kind of new to this and am learning as I go. Any examples of triggers or different ways of doing this would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--

Rob Conrad                        Email: rob_at_happy.com
Happy Harry's, Inc.		  Phone: 302-366-0335 ext 282