Re: email from PL/SQL

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 18 May 1998 18:27:54 GMT

Check the Oracle Application Developer's Guide for examples of using Oracle Pipes. You can write a 3GL program (example in book is 'C') that will listen on a pipe for a series of messages and take action accordingly. I use this on AIX to send email messages on failures of Oracle procedures. You can use database links and synonyms to enable any Oracle server in your network to make use of the email procedure running on a single server.

--
Thomas W. Vanya
Database Administrator

Maginfo <fedin_at_maginfo.net> wrote in article
<01bd7f05$91debe60$578480c3_at_hewlett.maginfo.net>...