SQL LOADER, decimal separator

From: Emmanuel Baechler <ebaechle_at_hospvd.ch>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:47:33 +0200

Hi,

I am in charge of serveral interfaces between information systems. Most of the time, data include decimal numbers (for example, amount of bills). To make things worse, in some cases the decimal separator is the point '.', in other cases, it's the comma ','. Numbers using the point are systematically rejected when I load them, on ORACLE 7.3.3 (on a UNIX DATA GENERAL sever).

Does anybody know of a way to tell the SQL loader which decimal separator is used? I didn't find antyhing like that in my documentation.

Any help will be appreciated

Emmanuel Baechler
Lausanne
Switzerland Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 16:47:33 CEST

Original text of this message