Re: Adding a field to Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 May 1998 01:15:08 GMT

Hi Antonio

I'm guessing that you are adding a non-basetable item (field). You need to go to the property sheet and set the basetable property to NO. The default is yes.

Regards
John

John C. Lennon
Utility Partners Inc.
4300 West Tropicana Blvd LVO-UPL
Las Vegas NV 89103

FOR UTILITY PARTNERS EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITIES VISIT www.utilpart.com

e-mail: jomarlen_at_aol.com
Web Site: http://members.aol.com/jomarlen/

The views expressed in this message
are those of the author and not
necessarily those of U.P. Inc.
and/or its employees.

>This one has me stumped.<BR>
><BR>
>I have create a table and then design the forms screen. The Interaction<BR>
>with the form and the table works fine. The problem is when I add a<BR>
>field to the table. How do you properly add the field to the form. The<BR>
>only way I have been able to put the field in the block is do a copy and<BR>
>then a paste. Then I remain the field to the new field I created and<BR>
>make sure the field is set to the proper block. When I try to use the<BR>
>form and put data in that field. I receive and unable to insert record<BR>
>error. Does anyone know how to add the field without deletnig the block<BR>
>and inserting it again.<BR>
><BR>
>Thanks in advance.<BR>
><BR>
>Antonio<BR>

John

John C. Lennon
Utility Partners Inc.
Las Vegas

Web Site: http://members.aol.com/jomarlen/

The views expressed in this message
are those of the author and not
necessarily those of U.P.
and/or its employees. Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 03:15:08 CEST

Original text of this message