Re: report generators for endusers?

From: <thomasj_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1998/05/14

In article <6iknlq$14c_at_access1.digex.net>,   walkerj_at_access1.digex.net (John Walker) wrote:

> The company I work for has an Oracle database that
> runs on a Sun (Solaris) and is accessible by users
> over the Web for entering and reading data.
>
> We're looking for a report generator that will let
> Web users get reports of their records sorted by
> practically any field. The report generator itself
> must be maintainable by a database administrator
> who is not much more knowledgeable than your average
> enduser.
>
> If anyone has any comments on particular products,
> I'd appreciate them. Maybe even more valuable, I'd
> appreciate any pioters to directories or catalogs
> that describe a range of products.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> John

PLATINUM InfoReports can generate multiple queries, from heterogeneous databases, across multiple platforms. It provides end users with advanced reporting features and allows you to statically navigate through a batch report that has been prepared for web-view allowing drill paths between reports and allowing for dynamic creation of these reports. InfoReports can produce HTML output for the Web while maintaining all desktop publishing appearances.

For more information, please visit the InfoReports page at: http://www.platinum.com/products/busintl/prore_ps.htm

Janis Thomas
Platinum Technology, Inc.