Adding LONG field hangs form?

From: Freek Bangert <fbangert_at_casema.net>
Date: 14 May 1998 20:30:00 GMT

I have a problem. Can anyone help on this one? Unfortunately I don't know version of Oracle and Forms.

I have a table called A, something like this

NAME VARCHAR2(10)
COMMENT LONG I add a column called ZALM, being varchar2(1)

Now I have

NAME VARCHAR2(10)
COMMENT LONG
ZALM VARCHAR2(1) But if I now want to change the field ZALM through a form, the whole form hangs. You have to kill -9.
As far as I know this is a known bug. Remedy is exporting en importing the table, in order to make the COMMENT field the last in a desc A.

Is that it? Or do you also have to do something with grants, authorizations or anything else?

Is there a patch known for this bug in Forms (or Oracle)?

Thanx in advance !

Freek Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 22:30:00 CEST

Original text of this message