Re: FORMS 5.0 RADIO GROUP PROBLEM

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:52:46 +0100

atany_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> HI GUYS
>
> I have problem with RADIO GROUP after using EXECUTE_QUERY Built in
>
> Symptom
> When I use F8 to execute the query the RADIO GROUP comes with the right
> Value from the database
> If I try to execute the query programmatically using execute_query built in
> the RADIO GROUP comes with nothing ??????
>
> I turned the form into the debug mode and Monitored the value after execution
> of execute_query It shows the right value !!!!!???????? But it still does
> not show up on the screen . Any suggestions will be Appreciated.
>
> ( Is it a Known bug and if it is is there a good work around )
>
> Ahmed Hany

  I'm using over 30 Radio Buttons in Forms 5.0-apps and they all work fine with the execute_query built in. So I think you didn't set the right values in the property sheet of the Button Group.
Check the following properties:

- initial value
- mapping of other values
- values of the Radio Buttons

There can be very strange effects when two radio buttons have the same value or "mapping of other values" is NULL and the fetch value can't be assigned to a button. Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 09:52:46 CEST

Original text of this message