Re: ORA-600 Using Dev2000

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 13 May 1998 21:50:42 GMT

In article <6ja2ug$86e_at_ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>, Dean Mah <dmah_at_acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>I'm trying to write a Developer 2000 application that will change the
>password of any user. I have tried using the following code:
>
> query := 'ALTER USER ' || :username || ' IDENTIFIED BY test';
> cid := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;
> DBMS_SQL.PARSE(cid, query, 2);
> status := DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE(cid);
> DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(cid);
>
>This works if I type it into SQL*Plus but does not work from Developer
>2000 when it is attached as a trigger to a button. When I press the
>button, it throws an ORA-600 error with a single argument, 15450.
>
>Anybody have any experience with this?

My QA utility does the same thing when running Forms 5.0 (Developer 2000 version 2.0), and connecting to an Oracle server running version 7.3.2. As soon as I connect to a server running at 7.3.4, the problem goes away. The problem occurs when the form calls DBMS_SQL.Parse.

I believe that Oracle 8.0.3 has the same problem, and it is fixed at 8.0.4.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. (Forms 5.0 version is not available... yet) Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 23:50:42 CEST

Original text of this message