ora-12705 connecting db having us7ascii using OEM

From: Ronald <_ronr__at__wxs.nl_>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:31:46 +0200

When connecting from my NT-client to a database created with the US7ASC charset I get:

ORA-12705 : invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified.

The applications happens to be the Oracle Enterprise Manager version 1.4.0
The database is running on a remote unix host and the version is 7.2.2.3.0
NLS_LANG in my NT-3.51 registry is Dutch_The Netherlands.WE8ISO8859P1 This is fine for all the other databases I have to connect.

What do I have to change to be able to connect this database too ?

Re-creating the database is not an option.

Any helpfull hint or tip is very welcome

Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: dec 31, 1997) Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 19:31:46 CEST

Original text of this message