Can anyone help with PL/SQL?

From: Sean Dolan <sdolan_at_3si.com>
Date: 13 May 1998 14:18:40 GMT

[Quoted] Good Morning,

[Quoted] [Quoted]         We are in the development stages of a large Oracle Database project and the task we are currently on involves creating a "pre-index" table. This basically is a table full of words extracted from fields within other tables in order to increase the speed of the queries. Queries reference the "pre-index" table which then tells the query what records to reference [Quoted] in the LARGE table - that way the query doesn;t have to search through the [Quoted] entire LARGE table looking for the keywords. Has anyone had experience in [Quoted] doing this? The problem, I am having is that I am doing it with a cursor and it is REALLY SLOW - where we only have a 2 Meg "practice" table. The roll-out table will be in excess of 60 Megs.

Much Appreciated,
Sean Dolan
Sr Systems Engineer, 3Si
MCSE, MCP + Internet Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 16:18:40 CEST

Original text of this message