Re: Need Education Suggestion!!

From: Caryl Lee Fisher <cfisher.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 13 May 1998 03:39:15 GMT

You are correct that learning SQL is the first step. A few day class will teach you the basic syntax. Then you need to do some serious practice.

Then you need to learn PL/SQL.
Then you need to learn to tune SQL.
Then you need to learn Forms.
Then you need to learn Reports.
It would help if you knew relational theory. The list goes on and on...

Oracle is a complex enough environment that you can't run it all by yourself. If you are in a company using Oracle tools then there are probably good Oracle professionals already on staff. You should try to get one of them to mentor you. You will not be able to pick this stuff up by going to few classes.

If you don't have any Oracle talent on site, hire a consultant to get you up.

Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

Charles Louis <louis_at_en.com> wrote in article <6j5cic$lvl$1_at_antares.en.com>...
> I am working at a company that is using Oracle Tools.
> I am interested in learning to use these tools, yet have never coded in
SQL.