forms4.5 char screen length

From: Mr Angalo2 <richard.campbell_at_esrin.esa.it>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 09:10:20 +0200

Hi All ,
forms 4.5.6.2.2 platform Alpha OpenVMS

We are trying to change the size of the form so that on a normal terminal of 24 x 80 the form (including status and message lines) uses only 23 of these, leaving the last line of the screen available  to the application to display messages (it is an old application).  We are not trying to resize the window size at all, just the part that forms uses.

Using forms 3 and oraterm v1 this can be achieved by simply amending the 'screen length' field in the 'device definition' screen. Unfortunately, this no longer seems to work with forms 4.5 and oraterm v2, changing the 'device definition screen length' the changes are not reflected and even using \e[1;23r in the terminal setup does not change the behaviour, forms still uses all 24 lines.

All ideas will be gratefully received
Richard Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 09:10:20 CEST

Original text of this message