Mass data insert --- HELP

From: Troy Weyant <troy.weyant_at_stoner.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:16:32 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to issue many (>30,000) insert statements into multiple tables within an application, but performance is lousy. I believe this is due to the overhead of parsing of each statement, but I'm not certain of this.

Just for a performance comparison, I've loaded 20000 records into a table in 8 seconds using sql-loader. The same data using insert statements in sql-plus took 9 minutes. The sql-loader conventional load still uses sql statements, so there has to be a way of achieving similer performance.

If anyone has any insight here, I'd be greatly appreciative. If anyone knows of code that works similer to sqlloader, this would be just as useful.

Thanks Received on Mon May 11 1998 - 15:16:32 CEST

Original text of this message