Re: How to run Pro*C executable on Web Application Server 3.0?

From: Shabbir Tayeb Ali <shabbir1_at_cyber.net.pk>
Date: 1998/05/08

Hello.

Michael Zheng wrote:

> I have configured the OWAS 3.0 using PL/SQL cartridge successfully.
> Recently I need to publish some applications developed in Pro*C. I am
> thinking about to apply those executable to the Web Server w/o
> changing codes to PL/SQL. I knew that Oracle Web Server is capable of
> doing this, however, I do not know how to configure the Web Listner,
> DAD, or WRB to make it work.

What you need is to learn something about CGI Programming, and some HTML, as you have to get femiliar with the htp and htf packages for programming procedures for the web. So Pro*C program will need to be changed, and reprogrammed. Consider porting it to Stored procedure and PL/SQL cartridge instead of implementing the same in Pro*C.

Hope this helps.

Shabbir Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message