Re: Forms 5.0 Master/Detail blocks

From: <czetie_at_nospamus.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/05/07

Paul's approach does have the advantage of easier reuse, on the other hand the FROM Clause Query means that everything is encapsulated in the form itself, and you don't have to get the DBA to add the view to the schema. The choice may depend on whether this particular join is unique to this form, or one you plan to reuse.

In practice I often find that I 'prototype' the view as a FROM clause query, then create it as a view before deployment.