Re: Oracle Forms and formatting with Display Items

From: (wrong string) ínio <Conceicao.Sousa_at_atm.mailcom.pt>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 10:25:16 +0100

I Beleave you don't have muth of a choise if you wuant to alter the field.

Well I'll give you some tips:

1.)I don't know if your filed, as a text item looks diferent from it, if it was a display item. I think it shoud look diferen, so the user woud know
what is an insertable field and what isn't.

1.2) If You make the text field just like the if it was a display item, i.e. you take off the bevel, make it tansparent, etc., put it navigable, insertable, updatable, deletable, quariable to false, i think it whill be acetable, of corse you still have the problem with the mouse, but, 1º The user have to go ther with the mouse, 2º he do not know he can go ther because the item has the look of an display item, 3º and if he goes there, it won't matter, because he can't do nothing.

2.) To Change the value of a item it can't be a display item, so forget it.

2.1.) What you can do is:

2.1.1.) Make the item a text item, and when you want to change the value of the item you make it updatable, change the value of the item and make it unupdatable agan (use set_item_property), but this isn't a good idia, because you actualy are changing the value of the field in the database, and i think you don't want that, so

2.1.2.) Create to items (one base table, and the other not), it do not matter if they are text items or display items.

Put Them Both in the same position,

If The Value In The Base Table Item Is != From 0 Then Shou It (make it visible)

If It is not Show the Other One, that is blank and whill cover the 1º one.

To Do This Use the
Set_Item_Property(...,Dispalyed,Property_False/Property_True),

About to To_Char() and Select Problem, I Didn't Understand It, Try to Be more Explicite.

By :-)
R.P. Received on Thu May 07 1998 - 11:25:16 CEST

Original text of this message