Oracle Reports Runtime and temporary files

From: Johan Riise <jr_at_statoil.no>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 19:42:22 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Ref: Oracle Reports Runtime, Version is Reports 2.5.5.2.5, for Windows95/NT.

I want to start Reports Runtime with current directory set to a directory where som .rep-files are stored, and this directory is on a read-only network disk. The problem is, the program attempts to write some temporary files in the current directory (scsB.tmp and scsC.tmp), and the runtime program aborts because that directory is read only. I am able to start the runtime program with current directory set to some other, writeable, directory, but in that case the users have to navigate through the filesystems to find the .rep-files, and I don't want that.

Is there a way to command the reports runtime program to use a specified directory for temporary files?

Or alternatively, is there a way to specify the initial folder in the Open-dialog box (the one that pops up from the File/Run-menu) ? Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 21:42:22 CEST

Original text of this message