Re: Oracle Forms and formatting with Display Items

From: Kim Simons <kim.simons_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:09:40 -0400

Ricardo Patrocínio wrote:

> If You Use a text Item and put the Insert_Allowed, Update_Allowed and
> Delete_Allowed To False You Will get the same results as if it was an
> display item (even better, because they stay navigable).

Thanks for responding to my first question. I have tried what you said but I don't want the field to be navigable. I don't want to give the user the impression that he/she can update it. If you the navigable field to False, the user can still use the mouse to click into that area. The other problem is that I may need to intercept the values coming out of the database and change what is displayed to the user, like displaying a "blank" instead of a "0". I think when I tried this I got an error because the field could not be updated. Any more suggestions? Do you know how to supplement the Select statement to put in the function TO_CHAR() to do the formatting but to leave the rest of the "Selecting" up to Oracle Forms?

Thanks,
Kim Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 21:09:40 CEST

Original text of this message