Need Help on Views

From: Scott Fletcher <j&sfletcher_at_tidalwave.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:28:30 -0400

I am trying to learn more about views...when to use them and when not to. I know views can simplify dealing with a complex query, but I more interested in the performance issues. I have been told views will significantly enhance performance on table joins or when retrieving lookup values, but I've also read that too many views could hurt performance, but I can't find out why. Are there any "rules of thumb" to go by? Are there any sources of information to refer to (books, sites, white papers)? Thanks in advance.

-Scott Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 14:28:30 CEST

Original text of this message