SQL*LOADER and LONG

From: Brad <nospam.breisner_at_bomc.timeinc.com.nospam>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 17:56:23 -0400

Hi.
I'm trying to load a file into an Oracle 7.3.x DB using SQL*LOADER. In the past, the following ctl file worked fine:

oad data infile 'file.dat' append into table copy1 fields enclosed by '_'
(sku, copy_text char(70000))

where the .dat was

_12121_ _this is the copy that goes into the table_

Everything works fine until I increase the size of the copy beyond 65535 bytes. According to the documentation, I have to split the logical record up into several physical records to make this work - but the documention is sketchy from there (at best). I've tried concatenate and continueif, but I can't get either of them to work. Any ideas ?

Thanks !

(please post a response here or remove the appropriate parts of my email
address )

Brad Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 23:56:23 CEST

Original text of this message