Muti-threading Pro*C and OCI

From: Haakon T Soenderland <haakonts_at_online.no>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:14:32 +0200

Someone has written a program i a combination of Pro*C and using OCI calls.

Now we want to make this program multi-thread and has used the appropriate commands (from the Pro*C and OCI manuals).

Basically it doesn't work.

The OS is HP-UX 10.20 and this is Oracle 7.3.3 and Pro*C 2.2.3.

I've tried to use the sample program (sample1.pc) and insert the needed commands in this also.

Something like this:

EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS; EXEC SQL CONTEXT ALLOCATE :ctx;

EXEC SQL CONTEXT USE :ctx;

opinit(OCI_EV_TSF);

EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password USING :db_name;

sqlldat(&ctx, &lda); <--- This one crashes

Ideas?

Thanks,
Haakon

--
Core Technology AS    |Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
www.core.no           |Ut sint vina proxima morientis ori,