Re: Replication? between O7 and PO7

From: Robert Mah <rmah_at_ican.net>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 11:22:29 -0400

I am using PO7 V7.3 to replicate to a V7.1 Alpha server and it works fine so you should be OK with your versions.

An excellent reference book is "Oracle - The Complete Reference" from the Oracle Press by Modern Age Books. It fully explains setting up snapshots, snapshot logs and refreshing (which is what you need to do), as well as lots of other functions. Because I'm on version 7.1 at the server I'm refreshing logged database records and merging them into the master. I am planning to use ARO once we upgrade the server.

I've heard the the PO7 connection limit is 5 but I've never tried it.