Re: Access Oracle from IBM MF - chan_a

From: Bill Manry <B.Manry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/05/04

Andrew Chan (andrew_chan_at_manulife.com) wrote:
>I would like to know whether it is possible to access an Oracle database on
>Unix from a IBM mainframe enviroment using pro*Cobol precompiler. My second
>question is if the pro*cobol precompiler can be used in batch and TSO,
>without using either CICS or IMS, which is what I want to do.

The answer to both questions is "yes".

Oracle's database, SQL*Net, precompilers, and other products have been available for IBM's MVS and OS/390 mainframe systems since 1986.

The precompiler itself runs only in TSO or batch. The applications it generates can be run under TSO, batch, CICS, or IMS/TM.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  IBM Products Division  -  Oracle Corporation
These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's.