Auditing - Capture Select Statements

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 19:44:29 -0400

I'm running Oracle 7.3.3 in an NT environment. I have a requirement to capture the SQL for every query launched against the database from the application. It's a secret Govt system where they need to track no only changes, but who retrieved what from the DB. INSERT, UPDATE, & DELETE can be done via triggers, but I can't figure out how to capture the text of queries. I'd prefer to have this functionality on the server rather than in the application. The application is in Oracle FORMS 4.5, which provides a way to retrieve the LAST_QUERY text, but there is no way to perform a DB update while it is in query mode.

Can this level of detail be captured on the server side?? Any suggestions???

TIA Ed Jennings

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com

"The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
technologies"