Controlling Tabs

From: Wayne McKinney <wayne.mckinney_at_mci2000.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 22:11:18 GMT

I just started using Forms 5.0 after using 4.5 for a while. One of the things I was looking forward to in 5.0 was the use of tabs. While it seems to work well if you have one row of tabs, it doesn't seem to when you have, for example, two tiered sets of tabs. I'm trying to get the tabs in this kind of arrangement:

| | |
| | |

As you can see, we're trying to get one set of tabs in front of the other set in a tiered effect. I've gotten most of the navigational issues solved, one big problem remains:

How do you control the height (or width) of the tabs themselves? Is there a setting in the oracle.ini file that controls this? There doesn't seem to be an entry in the Property pallette of either the Tab Page or the Tab Canvas for this.

Because I use tiered tabs, I lose almost 1/4 of my screen real estate to the tabs. I'd hate to have to go to a VBX or OCX control in order to do this.

Any help would be appreciated! Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 00:11:18 CEST

Original text of this message