Re: Does Oracle have a tool like T.O.A.D.?

From: toadman <jim_at_toadsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:41:33 -0700

jmw42969 wrote:

> Oh, I agree. I guess a lot of other people agree as well judging by the
> difficulty I just had downloading my morning version.

Even with the huge increase in hits at the TOAD web page recently, you should never have a problem downloading. I personally download TOAD every morning from work after every new release. :) My ISP uses IIS and generally reboots the servers every morning around 8:00am EST and that may explain your problem.

> pretty much strictly an Oracle contractor but I once got stuck on a Sql
> Server project and have turned down other projects because of Sql Server.

Worst 7 months of my life were spent on a Sql Server job. Pawhtooey! Never again regardless of the rate.

> But just one of the many factors that seems to be swaying clients to Sql
> Server is the tools that comes with it.

I agree. But it's not just the tools (albeit, they are limited compared to commercial Oracle tools), but also Microsoft's marketting (I dont want to start that thread here), the ease of setup and administration, etc, in addition to the tools.

> You know, Oracle could probably
> suck up something like TOAD for chump-change

Well. I think I would have something to say about that.

toadman
http://www.toadsoft.com Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 00:41:33 CEST

Original text of this message