Re: Connect to Oracle 8 server problem

From: opus <opus_at_nowhere.ca>
Date: 1998/05/01

Mark wrote:

> I have PO8 installed on my PC.
>
> I have also installed Designer 2000 on my PC, but for this I need to access
> the Oracle 8 server (note: NOT PO8) installation on our LAN server, as
> opposed to the local installation of PO8.
>
> It currently fails on connection with "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve
> service name".
>
> tia,
> Mark

You either didn't install SQL-net on your PC or you haven't configured it to point to the server instance. You need to install the netoworking software, if you have, use the Net8 Easy Config program to generate your config files. In a nutshell, hope that helps...

Opus Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message