Restricting access to forms

From: Manjula Krishnan <krishnan_at_mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 08:53:32 -0500

I ahve some forms which are web-enabled. The menu options are in PL/SQL which invoke the forms. When a forms is invoked, the webserver prompts you for a user-id and password, and then brings up the form. The problem with this is that any valid user in the Oracle database (not necessarily restricted to that tablespace) can view the form. Subsequently, when they try to run a query or do anything else with the form they are stopped.

I would like to be able to stop them from viewing the form in the first place. That is all users who don't belong in that particular tablespace should not be able to view the form. I thought I would create a form that accepts user-id & password, if this user has access permissions in that table space then the form will be invoked. If not, they should get an error message.

I am not sure I have this right. Can anyone advice me in this matter?

Thanks,

Manjula Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 15:53:32 CEST

Original text of this message