Re: Does Oracle have a tool like T.O.A.D.?

From: jmw42969 <jmw42969_at_glaxowellcome.com>
Date: 1 May 1998 12:00:50 GMT

toadman <jim_at_toadsoft.com> wrote in article <3548FE1D.7DE1C9D1_at_toadsoft.com>...

> I agree. But it's not just the tools (albeit, they are limited compared
> commercial Oracle tools), but also Microsoft's marketting (I dont want to
> start that thread here), the ease of setup and administration, etc, in
> addition to the tools.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Oracle is losing market to Sql Server for many, many reasons. But I think that both administrative and developer tools are a larger part of the reason. Oracle has a nasty reputation of providing everything you want but everything at an huge additional cost. Basic database administration AND a [Quoted] good developer tool is expected without additional cost. Sql*Plus is useless for anything but executing scripts.

[Quoted] All I meant from my message is that something like Toad should come directly from Oracle. I know there isn't anything on the client cd but there may have been something I didn't know about from the Oracle web so I [Quoted] asked. I enjoy using Toad and couldn't imagine working with Oracle without it. But I also realize that a tool as good as Toad won't stay freeware forever. Which is why I asked about a similar tool from Oracle where it should come from. Because if Oracle itself doesn't suck up Toad, who will? One of the firms who would like to bury it probably. They [Quoted] have to be getting pretty pi$$ed about
hearing about Toad by now.